I Hate Picture Books!
Author/Illustrator: Timothy Young
Publication Date: March 29, 2013I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this book so here are ten awesome things about it:
- It's funny (soooo cute!)
- It promotes a love of books (the character doesn't "hate picture books" after all)
- It's adorable (see #1)
- My whole family loved it (which means my daughter and her dad)
- It has fantastic illustrations, including tonnes of pictures of other picture books (and ones I didn't think were even famous)
- My daughter owns half the picture books featured in it, which made us all like this book even more (and made us feel smart)
- It's by Timothy Young, whom I've loved ever since Shadows on My Wall
- It dispels the idea that children "grow out of" their favourite books
- It's all around awesome
- Oh and the author is having a contest! (keep reading for more details)
In short, Timothy Young is awesome. Oh and here's one more reason to love him:
BONUS! Visit www.IHatePictureBooks.com to enter to win a Timothy Young collection and many other great prizes! Contest ends September 14, 2013.
Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.
|Shadows on My Wall|
|Stripes of All Types|